It stands for the Kerala teacher eligibility test. The education board of Kerala conducts this test to recruit candidates for teaching profiles in various categories. These categories involve lower primary, higher school, and upper primary teacher vacancies in Kerala. Furthermore, the Government of Kerala introduced the KTET exam to improve the teaching sector. So this exam is valid in the whole of Kerala. Today we will learn everything about the exam. So if you want to know everything about this exam, then you are at the right spot.
It is a national-level exam which is taken by the Kerala state board, pareeksha Bhavan. The official website has different exams dependent upon the categories. The categories are as follows:
- Category 1– lower primary teachers are eligible to give this examination.
- Category 2– upper primary teachers give this test.
- Category 3– it is for high school teachers
- Category 4 involves various languages test such as Urdu, Sanskrit, Hindi, Arabic, or special teachers such as arts and crafts and physical education.
That is how the Kerala state education board takes the test. When a teacher qualifies for the exam, then they are offered posts according to their qualities.
Payscale: the teachers who qualified for the exam can get up to 30000 per month. Furthermore, the salary will be dependent upon the post given.
Notifications: the official notification of the exam was late due to covid-19. However, now the dates will be out on the official website of Kerala.
There are particular eligibility criteria for the respected exam. Eligibility is as follows:
Lower Primary teacher
- The teacher who applied for the examination for category 1 (lower primary teacher) must have at least 45% in higher secondary school. In addition to a trained teacher certificate is also required.
- Or, the candidate must have qualified for higher secondary schooling with 50%. Further, the candidate must have a qualified 2-year diploma in elementary education. Finally, it should be according to the rules and regulations of NCTE.
- Or, the candidate must have passed higher secondary school with a minimum of 50 percent marks. And the candidate must have a four-year bachelor’s degree in elementary education.
The candidate must have any of these degrees if you want to apply for lower primary teacher.
Upper Primary Teacher
- The candidate must have pursued BCom/B.A./ B.sc and a two-year diploma in elementary teacher training. The Kerala board demands certificates of education.
- Or, the candidate should have done a bachelor’s degree with at least 45% marks. Furthermore, a degree of at least one year is required.
- Or the candidate should have a minimum of 50% marks in higher secondary schooling with a bachelor’s in elementary education.
High School Class Teacher
The following qualifications are required to apply for the exam:
- The candidate must have 45% of marks in graduation degree. A B.A. degree in a specific subject is also required.
- Candidates who have an MEd degree in a particular subject should have passed the degree from the regional institutes NCERT sponsors. The minimum mark is 50%.
- The candidate must have pursued B.A. with a minimum of 45% of the marks.
For applying to high school class teacher, all these degrees are compulsion.
Candidates who want to apply for category four must have pursued a degree in a particular subject. The Kerala education act sets the rules and regulations, and the eligible candidates can only apply.
The application process is online. Candidates can first check the eligibility criteria and last date of submission. You can pay the fee in both online and offline modes. The cost to apply for the post is 500INR for general and OBC. S.C. and S.T. category can pay 250INR.
The steps to fill the application form are as follows:
- The candidates must visit the website.
- On the homepage, candidates can still in new registration link.
- Candidates must read the given instructions and follow the procedure.
- The next step is to fill in the personality and all the details asked by the site.
- Next, the candidates need to scan and post passport size color photos as directed by the site. Finally, the candidates can save and submit the details.
- In the final step, the candidates need to pay the fees wire net banking for debit cards.
These are all the details about the exam. So you can apply now according to your qualifications and can learn how to teach online and offline.