What Is It?
Water purification is the process used to purify the water and ensure that you get clean and safe water for drinking and using. It can keep you away from the various water-borne diseases that are very dangerous for your health. A good water purifier removes all the excess unwanted substances and particles that are other than water molecules.
Water ionization helps in the softening of the hard water by eliminating the inorganic compounds. A water ionizer is also known as an alkaline ionizer, a home appliance that gives alkaline water to drink. It is connected to the home’s water supply. It uses the electrolysis process to change the molecular level of water. It produces a concentration of alkaline and acidic mineral water considered very safe and healthy for drinking. It separates the oxygen and hydrogen found in water. It offers alkaline antioxidant water and electron-rich medium for consumption, whereas acidic mineral water provides antibacterial water for external use.
The Working Process Of Water Of Purification
- Screening: This is the first and foremost step in water purification; it is an essential step because the water coming from various sources will pass through screening as it enters the filtration system. It keeps the unwanted large materials out of the water system; otherwise, it will disrupt the water purification
- Coagulation: This is also a very important step in the water purification process. Water purification involves a simple filtration mechanism. Water purifier filters out all sorts of contaminants like harmful microorganisms, ions, chlorine, and other toxic chemicals. Chemicals are added to the water to remove solids from the water and create sticky particles called floc. The dirt particles are attracted to the flocs, making them settle at the bottom of the tank.
- Sedimentation: When the water settles down at the sedimentation basin, it remains to settle until the next step.
- Filtration: In this step, the water flows through different layers of material such as gravel, sand, and charcoal. These layers are quite deep, ensuring the removal of even particles and giving a better level of filtration.
- Disinfection: The water is disinfected by using chemicals like chlorine that helps destroy the bacteria and other harmful pathogenic microorganisms that survived in the process of filtration. The water purifier removes the taste and smell of chlorine from the water. Purification can also be done by ultraviolet light and reverse osmosis.
Working Process Of Water Ionizers
- Filtration: The water ionizer has a port at the bottom named inlet port. The water enters through the inlet port and removes all particulate matter, pollutants, and odors present in tap water.
- Electrolysis: This is a very important step in a water ionizer. The water flows through an electrolysis chamber, which has a positively charged and negatively charged ion. These electrodes ionize the water’s soluble minerals, and the positively charged ions get collected at the negatively charged ions and produce alkaline water. In contrast, negatively charged ions gather at the positively charged ions to make oxidized water known as acidic water.
a) Alkaline water: Alkaline water contains a high concentration of positively charged ions that are very useful and beneficial for our body. This water is used for drinking and cooking. Alkaline water has minerals like potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
b) Acidic water: This water can be used to clean and disinfect the skin and the surfaces and are not used for drinking. It contains negatively charged ions. This water has powerful oxidants that are capable of killing bacteria.
Water purifier and water ionizer give you clean water to drink, which provides you with immense health benefits like hydrated and healthy skin, helps in digestion, helps in weight loss, etc.
- Water purifier and water ionizer are both effective ways of purifying water and protect against bacteria
- Water ionizer gives you alkaline water with anti-aging and cancer resistance properties that can be easily absorbed by the body
- It gives the perfect pH level to water that is very useful for the body and your health
- It also helps in saving money and conserving water that is good for the environment
- It will encourage you to drink more glass of water as it makes the tastes of the water good
- It gives you purified and oxygenated drinking water and cannot grow germs and bacteria outside the unit.
The environment around us is being polluted daily, and we all know the importance of water purification. Water purification removes inorganic substances from the water and gives you odor-free and safe water. Water ionizations also improve the quality of the water. Water purification has various components required to remove chemical and biological contaminants to produce clean and safe water to drink. Treatment of contaminated water should not be ignored as it is a matter of your health as it may lead to various health problems. There are many home treatments available for purifying the water in which water ionization will be the best option as it gives both alkaline water and acidic water that are beneficial in both terms for drinking and cleaning and disinfecting. It involves the process of electrolysis, which produces pure water. So everyone should drink clean water.